Cyber Research Analyst
About The Position
You are looking for a job that will truly engage you. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can make things happen in a fast-paced startup environment. You want to grow and be challenged, but above all you want to work towards a mission, and for your work to have meaning.
We’re Darrow - a fast-growing legal tech startup with an open, action-based culture unlike any other. We are committed to pursuing our vision of "frictionless justice," using advanced Machine Learning & AI to revolutionize the justice system. Our mission is about justice at scale: imagine walking into work every day knowing that you’re not only advancing your career, but making a positive impact on the world. Darrow has more than 90 team members in Tel Aviv and New York, and is backed by world class investors: Georgian, F2 Venture Capital, Entree Capital, NFX and YCombinator.
Our Legal Data team is growing, and we are looking for a Cyber Research Analyst to join the team.
Not Your Typical [role name] Role
The Privacy team at Darrow is on a mission to discover egregious privacy violations conducted by the big tech. We are seeking an accomplished and passionate Cyber Security technology researcher to join our data-for-justice revolution and enhance our developing Cyber Practice at Darrow.
As a Cyber security researcher at Darrow, you will lead our Cyber practice aiming to detect corporations’ misuse of private data, establish cyber research and intelligence infrastructures and research new technologies involving privacy issues across the board (web, mobile, desktop and more).
Darrow there is no one way of doing things. We are open to new ideas and we encourage creativity, new initiatives and entrepreneurial minds.
- Leading the development and design of Darrow’s cyber research and intelligence infrastructure, implementing best practice standards, to allow privacy violation detection at scale.
- Research emerging technologies involving potential misuse of private data on the analytics, advertising and cyber security industries.
- Conducting cyber analysis to potentially violating services (network data analysis and reversing).
- Being the professional authority and a source of knowledge on cyber security related matters.
- Guiding and supporting the Privacy legal data team on cyber technology related matters.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Serving as a pre-sale engineer with client facing work in the US market.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in web or mobile research or development (Experience in both - advantage).
- High proficiency in performing best in class network data analysis and code analysis, on web, desktop or mobile services, including familiarity with best practice tools and methodologies (Burp Suite, Wireshark, APKtool etc.)
- Professional experience in the advertising, analytics or cyber security industry.
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex technological discoveries and issues to non-tech recipients.