Full Stack Team Lead
About The Position
You are looking for a job that will truly engage you. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can make things happen in a fast-paced startup environment. You want to grow and be challenged, but above all you want to work towards a mission, and for your work to have meaning.
We’re Darrow - a fast-growing legal tech startup with an open, action-based culture unlike any other. We are committed to pursuing our vision of "frictionless justice," using advanced Machine Learning & AI to revolutionize the justice system. Our mission is about justice at scale: imagine walking into work every day knowing that you’re not only advancing your career, but making a positive impact on the world. Darrow has more than 90 team members in Tel Aviv and New York, and is backed by world class investors: Georgian, F2 Venture Capital, Entree Capital, NFX and YCombinator.
Our Engineering team is growing, and we are looking for a Full Stack Team Lead to join the team.
Not Your Typical Full Stack Team Lead Role
As a Team Lead at Darrow, you will develop a platform used by both legal data experts and law firms. You will take a major part in developing tools to help our legal experts perform research, discover, and uncover legal wrongdoings, create solid cases, and publish them to the biggest law firms to help them bring justice to light. You are known for your solid technical expertise in engineering and they enable you to architect complex systems end-to-end and you make sure to stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and can quickly learn new tools/languages.
At Darrow there is no one way of doing things. We are open to new ideas and we encourage creativity, new initiatives and entrepreneurial minds.
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of talented software engineers to deliver high-quality software solutions. Foster a collaborative team culture that promotes innovation and excellence
- Demonstrate a strong foundation in software engineering principles and practices. Architect and design complex systems end-to-end, ensuring scalability, reliability, and maintainability.
- Stay at the forefront of the industry by keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends. Use them to innovate and experiment rapidly and consistently.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including product management and other engineering teams, to ensure alignment and drive engineering and product success.
- Operate effectively in a dynamic startup setting. Embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and be ready to take ownership of challenges and opportunities as they arise.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in full-stack web development with strong Backend skills.
- A proven track record of at least 2+ years of successfully leading, mentoring, and managing teams of software engineers
- Deep understanding of engineering best practices, such as API implementation, unit testing, logging, monitoring, performance optimization skills, etc.
- High proficiency in web & server-side technologies, particularly React, Typescript, and NodeJs.
- Experience with relational & non-relational database systems (Postgres, Mongo, Dynamo, etc.) and proficiency in writing efficient database queries.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms and services as well as experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
- A team player with excellent mentoring skills.