Senior Backend Developer - Data Team
About The Position
About The Position
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join our fast-growing team; to help us promote our data-for-justice revolution. We developed a platform that uses AI and Machine Learning to discover harmful legal violations, securing compensation for millions of victims.
Who Are You?
You are a highly motivated, organized, and process-oriented person, ready to put your skills to work. You are a team player, open-minded, and collaborative. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can make things happen in a fast-paced startup environment.
Not Your Typical Backend Engineer Role
Our mission is about justice at scale, and we provide our team members with the resources they need to get the job done. Imagine walking into work every day knowing that you’re not only advancing your career but making a positive impact on the world. At Darrow, we have created an open, action-based culture unlike any other.
What Will You Be Doing?
You're not merely an engineer. You're a crucial pivot in our R&D unit, ensuring our data flows seamlessly, is stored efficiently, and can be accessed and interpreted for justice at scale.
- You will create scalable solutions to enhance the capabilities of Darrow’s legal data team to analyze factual information and extract legal implications from it.
- Develop new services and platforms to expose our team's core products to internal and external users
- Design data modeling solutions with data science and ML engineers
- Collaborate with peer engineering teams as well as data scientists, product managers, and data analysts to understand business priorities and translate these requirements into solutions.
- Work with DevOps to design and implement our backend infrastructure.
Our current stack - Python, Elasticsearch, Lambdas, Airflow, PostgreSQL, AWS, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Backend Developer or Data Engineer.
- Experience with Micro Services architecture, and Event-Driven architecture.
- Experienced with building complex data-driven applications.
- Experience with RDBMS (MySQL / PostgreSQL/ Oracle / SQL Server / etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Elasticsearch and Cassandra.
- Experience in a major programming language such as Python, Java, or NodeJS.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent education.