Legal Data Specialist / Finance
About The Position
You’re a talented, remarkable, and ambitious legal expert with a data driven mindset, who wants to put your best ideas to work.You’re not someone who wants another transient job, where you’re kinda stifled. You want your work to have meaning. We’re Darrow, a booming start-up committed to changing the world using Machine Learning & AI. We are looking for the next key team member, to join our data-for-justice revolution.
Not Your Average Role
Imagine arriving at work knowing that you’re not only promoting your career… but creating an impact. At Darrow, that’s exactly what you’ll experience. We’re a team of data experts and legal practitioners who deploy data, machine learning, and AI to monitor the web and discover undetected legal violations. By doing so, we bring them to light and justice — securing compensation for victims and deterring bad actors from wrongdoing. We created an open, action-based culture unlike any other, based on the shared values of creating an impact and making a change. Our mission is about impact at scale, and we provide our team members with access to the resources they need to get the work done.
This is where you come in.
About the Role
We are looking for a lawyer with proven analytical abilities and a background in the financial world. You will be part of our legal finance team within our expanding legal data department. As a Legal Data Specialist, your role will involve utilizing Darrow’s data products to identify widespread legal violations, assess and predict case outcomes, and find innovative ways to detect legal violations. This position will also require active involvement in developing new technologies that will help us identify legal violations at scale.
- Assume a pivotal role within Darrow’s Analysis core team by integrating intelligence gathering, data analysis, and legal research.
- Translate company’s needs into an actionable data collection plan.
- Devise and execute strategies for automating data processes on a larger scale.
- Locate new data sources.
- Collaborate with Darrow’s Product and Data Engineering Team to establish automated and efficient methodologies and pipelines.
- Proficient in English - Must
- LL.B degree - Must
- Degree in economics/business administration/accounting - An advantage
- WEBINT/Other relevant intelligence or research experience - An advantage
- American lawyer's license - Big advantage
- Experience in economic research
- In-depth knowledge of American law
- Excellent legal research skills
- +1 year of relevant experience as an analyst - An advantage
- Experience with leading data analysis teams - An advantage