Legal Data Specialist / Consumer Protection
About The Position
You’re a talented, remarkable, and ambitious legal expert with a data driven mindset, who wants to put your best ideas to work.You’re not someone who wants another transient job, where you’re kinda stifled. You want your work to have meaning. We’re Darrow, a booming start-up committed to changing the world using Machine Learning & AI. We are looking for the next key team member, to join our data-for-justice revolution.
Not Your Average Role
Imagine arriving at work knowing that you’re not only promoting your career… but creating an impact. At Darrow, that’s exactly what you’ll experience. We’re a team of data experts and legal practitioners who deploy data, machine learning, and AI to monitor the web and discover undetected legal violations. By doing so, we bring them to light and justice — securing compensation for victims and deterring bad actors from wrongdoing. We created an open, action-based culture unlike any other, based on the shared values of creating an impact and making a change. Our mission is about impact at scale, and we provide our team members with access to the resources they need to get the work done.
This is where you come in.
About the Role
We are looking for an individual with a sharp legal intellect and proven analytical abilities to join our Consumer Protection team within our expanding legal data department. As a Legal Data Specialist, your role will involve utilizing Darrow’s data products to identify widespread legal violations, assess and predict case outcomes based on advanced calculations, and create novel data pathways. This position will also require active involvement in developing new workflows and pipelines. You'll need to take concepts and effective processes, figure out efficient ways to automate them, and establish data flows that can be scaled up. Accomplishing this task demands a combination of research skills and an inquisitive mindset to spot exciting new possibilities. Utilizing your technical and methodological thinking, you'll effectively identify legal violations across the web using various tech tools or capabilities. Your organizational and technological knowledge will come into play as you strategize and put in place a scalable process, ensuring a steady stream of relevant data flows back to our team.
- Assume a pivotal role within Darrow’s Analysis core team by integrating intelligence gathering, data analysis, and legal research.
- Translate company’s needs into an actionable data collection plan.
- Devise and execute strategies for automating data processes on a larger scale.
- Locate new data sources, using advanced analytical tools.
- Collaborate with Darrow’s Product and Data Engineering Team to establish automated and efficient methodologies and pipelines.
- WEBINT/ other relevant intelligence or research experience - a must
- LL.B degree - a must
- Working with NLP and textual modeling tools - an advantage
- Expertise in data mining - an advantage
- Excellent legal-research skills
- +1 year of relevant experience as an analyst
- Proficient in English
- Analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teams
- Entrepreneurial and analytical mindset
- Experience with leading data analysis teams - an advantage
- LL.M degree - an advantage
- Knowledge in the procedural aspects of American consumer protection law - an advantage
- Ability to assess and predict outcomes using quantitative analysis and statistical techniques - an advantage