Senior Full Stack Developer
About The Position
We are seeking an accomplished and passionate senior engineer to enhance our expanding engineering team, possessing extensive expertise in backend technologies along with a solid foundation in frontend development; that will help us promote our data-for-justice revolution. We developed a platform that uses AI and Machine Learning to discover harmful legal violations, securing compensation for millions of victims.
Who Are You?
You are a highly motivated, organized, and process-oriented person, ready to put your skills to work. You are a team player, open-minded, and collaborative. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can make things happen in a fast-paced startup environment.
Not Your Typical Full-Stack Software Engineer Role
Our mission is about justice at scale, and we provide our team members with the resources they need to get the job done. Imagine walking into work every day knowing that you’re not only advancing your career but making a positive impact on the world. At Darrow, we have created an open, action-based culture unlike any other. As a key member of our Engineering team, this role requires a vast knowledge of backend technologies and some knowledge of frontend development.
What will you do?
As a Full Stack Developer at Darrow, you will develop a platform used by both legal data experts and lawyer firms. You will take a major part in developing tools to help our legal experts to perform research, discover, and uncover legal wrongdoings, create solid cases, and publish them to the biggest law firms to help them to bring justice to light.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to design, develop and test our innovative products.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers, providing technical guidance, define and apply engineering best practices (coding standards, software development methodologies, etc.) to leverage the team technical skills.
- Continuously improve the performance, reliability, and security of our applications through design reviews, code reviews, refactoring, and optimization.
- Identify and resolve technical challenges and bottlenecks in a timely manner.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies and industry trends, and assess their potential impact on our products and processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in full stack web development, with a focus on both front-end and back-end technologies.
- Deep understanding of engineering best practices, such as api implementation, unit testing, logging, monitoring, performance optimization skills, etc.
- High Proficiency in web & server-side technologies, mainly React, Typescript, NodeJs.
- Experience with relational & non-relational database systems (Postgres, Mongo, Dynamo, etc.) and proficiency in writing efficient database queries.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms and services and deploying applications in a cloud environment.
- A team player with excellent mentoring skills.