Full Stack Team Lead
About The Position
You are looking for a job that will truly engage you. You’re known for your technical skills, have an entrepreneurial spirit and can make things happen in a fast-paced startup environment. You want to grow and be challenged, but above all you want to work towards a mission, and for your work to have meaning.
We’re Darrow - a fast-growing legal tech startup with an open, action-based culture unlike any other. We are committed to pursuing our vision of "frictionless justice," using advanced Machine Learning & AI to revolutionize the justice system. Our mission is about justice at scale: imagine walking into work every day knowing that you’re not only advancing your career, but making a positive impact on the world. Darrow has more than 90 team members in Tel Aviv and New York, and is backed by world class investors: Georgian, F2 Venture Capital, Entree Capital, NFX and YCombinator.
Our Engineering team is growing, and we are looking for a Full stack Team Lead to join the team.
Not Your Typical Full Stack Team Lead Role
As hands-on Full Stack Team Lead at Darrow, you will play a crucial role in managing and leading a team of developers responsible for both front-end and back-end development. This role requires a combination of technical expertise, leadership skills, and the ability to coordinate and prioritize tasks effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
At Darrow, there is no one way of doing things. We are open to new ideas and we encourage creativity, new initiatives and entrepreneurial minds.
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of talented software engineers to deliver high-quality software solutions. Foster a collaborative team culture that promotes innovation and excellence
- Demonstrate a strong foundation in software engineering principles and practices. Architect and design complex systems end-to-end, ensuring scalability, reliability, and maintainability.
- Stay at the forefront of the industry by keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends. Use them to innovate and experiment rapidly and consistently.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including product management and other engineering & research teams, to ensure alignment and make a real impact.
- Operate effectively in a dynamic startup setting. Embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and be ready to take ownership of challenges and opportunities as they arise.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in full-stack web development with strong Backend skills.
- A proven track record of at least 2+ years of successfully leading, mentoring, and managing teams of software engineers
- Deep understanding of engineering best practices, such as API implementation, unit testing, logging, monitoring, performance optimization skills, etc.
- High proficiency in web & server-side technologies, particularly React, Typescript, and NodeJs.
- Experience with relational & non-relational database systems (Postgres, Mongo, Dynamo, etc.) and proficiency in writing efficient database queries.
- Proficient with AWS services and deployment in a cloud environment.
- A team player with excellent mentoring skills.