Legal Data Specialist / Privacy
About The Position
You are a talented, remarkable, and ambitious legal expert with a data-driven mindset, a technology-oriented and privacy-conscious mind, and a desire to put your best ideas into action. You are not someone who wants another transient job, where you’re kinda stifled. You want your work to have meaning. We’re Darrow, a booming start-up committed to changing the world using Machine Learning & AI. We are looking for the next key team member, to join our data-for-justice revolution.
Not Your Average Role
Imagine arriving at work knowing that you’re not only promoting your career but creating an impact. At Darrow, that’s exactly what you’ll experience. We’re a team of data experts and legal practitioners who deploy data, machine learning, and AI to monitor the web and discover undetected legal violations. By doing so, we bring them to light and justice — securing compensation for victims and deterring bad actors from wrongdoing. We created an open, action-based culture unlike any other, based on the shared values of creating an impact and making a change. Our mission is about impact at scale, and we provide our team members with access to the resources they need to get the work done.
This is where you come in.
About the Role
Darrow is in search of a Legal Data Specialist with an astute legal mind, analytical proficiency, and technical expertise for our expanding legal data department. In our privacy group, your role will encompass identifying large-scale privacy violations using Darrow's data products and pioneering new data pipelines. You'll also delve deep into legal document analysis, formulate inventive intelligence collection strategies, and harness advanced technology for data extraction within the privacy sector. Your multifaceted contributions will be instrumental in refining our research and production processes.
- Play a key role in Darrow’s Analysis core team - fuse intelligence gathering, data analysis, and legal research.
- Translate the company’s needs into actionable data collection plans.
- Locate new data sources, using advanced analytical tools.
- Help establish automatic methods in collaboration with Darrow’s Product and Data Engineering team.
- WEBINT/ OSINT/ CI / other relevant intelligence experience - a must
- Excellent legal-research skills
- LL.B degree - a must
- +1 year of relevant experience as an analyst
- Proficient in English
- Analytical skills
- Technologically oriented
- Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teams
- Entrepreneurial and analytical mindset
- Experience with leading data analysis teams - an advantage
- LL.M degree - an advantage
- Experience as an attorney in litigation or privacy, either within a law firm or an in-house legal department - an advantage