Senior ML Engineer
About The Position
You are looking for a job that will truly engage you. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can make things happen in a fast-paced startup environment. You want to grow and be challenged, but above all you want to work towards a mission, and for your work to have meaning.
We’re Darrow - a fast-growing legal tech startup with an open, action-based culture unlike any other. We are committed to pursuing our vision of "frictionless justice," using advanced Machine Learning & AI to revolutionize the justice system. Our mission is about justice at scale: imagine walking into work every day knowing that you’re not only advancing your career, but making a positive impact on the world. Darrow has more than 90 team members in Tel Aviv and New York, and is backed by world class investors: Georgian, F2 Venture Capital, Entree Capital, NFX and YCombinator.
Our Research team is growing, and we are looking for a Senior ML Engineer to join the team.
Not Your Typical Senior ML Engineer Role
As an ML Engineer, you will play a key role in the challenge of developing our core product using cutting-edge technology and significantly contributing to our data-for-justice revolution. You possess extensive expertise in ML along with a solid foundation in models and infrastructure development.
At Darrow there is no one way of doing things. We are open to new ideas and we encourage creativity, new initiatives and entrepreneurial minds.
- Apply cutting-edge solutions while leveraging our in-house legal textual database, coupled with rich metadata of various features
- Develop scalable models and tools using machine learning to extract information from unstructured text
- Analyze and generate insights from legal documents using ML and GEN AI
- Develop MLOps infrastructure to support our ML models and pipelines.
- Work alongside machine learning experts, technologists, product managers, and legal domain experts from across the organization to solve complex problems.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science or Engineering
- 4+ years of experience as ML Engineer or Data Scientist
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Experience with working on a cloud environment (AWS / GCP)
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures, and programming
- Good understanding of probability and statistics
- Team player with ability to share knowledge and insights with the team and other stakeholders
- Handle tasks with full ownership – from PoC to productization
- Problem solver – Ability to break down large problems into small incremental steps
- Self-learner – Ability to learn new ML concepts and technologies and apply them
A big plus:
- Experience with Airflow / MLFlow / Databricks / SQL/NoSql DBs / ElasticSearch
- Experience in NLP
- Experience with using and integrating GEN AI pipelines.