Legal Data Specialist / Environment
About The Position
You are looking for a job that will truly engage you. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can make things happen in a fast-paced startup environment. You want to grow and be challenged, but above all you want to work towards a mission, and for your work to have meaning.
We’re Darrow - a fast-growing legal tech startup with an open, action-based culture unlike any other. We are committed to pursuing our vision of "frictionless justice," using advanced Machine Learning & AI to revolutionize the justice system. Our mission is about justice at scale: imagine walking into work every day knowing that you’re not only advancing your career but making a positive impact on the world. Darrow has more than 90 team members in Tel Aviv and New York, and is backed by world-class investors: Georgian, F2 Venture Capital, Entree Capital, NFX, and YCombinator. Our legal data team is growing, and we are looking for a legal data specialist to join the team.
Not Your Typical Legal Data Specialist Role
We are looking for a lawyer with proven analytical abilities and a background in the Environmental world. You will be part of our legal data environmental team within our expanding legal data department. As a Legal Data Specialist, your role will involve utilizing Darrow’s data products to identify legal violations, assess and predict case outcomes, and find innovative ways to detect legal violations. This position will also require active involvement in developing new technologies that will help us identify legal violations at scale.
At Darrow there is no one way of doing things. We are open to new ideas and we encourage creativity, new initiatives and entrepreneurial minds.
- Play a key role in Darrow’s Analysis core team - fuse intelligence gathering, data analysis, and legal research.
- Translate the company’s needs into an actionable data collection plan.
- Devise and execute strategies for automating data processes on a larger scale.
- Locate new data sources.
- Help establish automatic methods in collaboration with Darrow’s Product and Data Engineering team.
- WEBINT/Other relevant intelligence or research experience
- LL.B degree
- Proficient in English
- Analytical skills
- Having experience in the environmental domain, whether as a lawyer or in any other capacity
- In-depth knowledge of American law - advantage
- Scientific knowledge - advantage
- Excellent legal research skills